Vermont Master Naturalist for Educators
June 26 @ 9:00 AM - June 30 @ 4:30 PM$1300
Instructors: Sean Beckett, Alicia Daniel, & Guests
June 26 – 30 | $1300 ($1750 with 3 graduate credits)
Class Size: 16 students
See course page for financial support information
This unique collaboration between NBNC and Vermont Master Naturalist is a place-based, integrated training in interpreting the local landscape and applying that training to the middle and high school classroom and curriculum. This course for middle and high school educators will:
- Practice identifying characteristic species and natural communities that contribute to Vermont’s signature natural heritage.
- Recognize and interpret patterns and processes in the local ecological landscape.
- Practice activities, tools and routines for incorporating nature curriculum at the middle and high school level.
- Explore alignment of biodiversity and nature-based curriculum with NGSS and Proficiency-based Learning.
- Cultivate relationships with educators and conservation professionals to enrich student engagement in the field and the classroom.
- Receive a Tier 1 Vermont Master Naturalist certification at the conclusion of the course.