Robin's Nest Nature Playgroup
R obin’s Nest Nature Playgroup is a free activity for families to gather, learn, and play in nature. Guided by the idea that children need to spend ample time outdoors, we offer a community experience in the world of nature and will model ways the natural environment can be used as a tool for learning and play.
Engaging with nature’s seasonal offerings stimulates curiosity and a sense of wonder while fostering self-confidence and empathy for all living things. Join us for 2 hours of spontaneous play, exploration, discovery, song, nature inspired crafts, and oral storytelling.
- Play, dig, build and grow alongside your child
- Learn how to stay comfortable while getting messy in any weather
- Connect with other families with young children
This program is entirely outside, so be prepared with water, snacks, and clothing for staying warm and getting wet! Robin's Nest Nature Playgroup is made possible in part by donations.
2021 Robin's Nest Spring Season
April 1st - June 17th | 9:30 - 11:30 am
For children ages 0-5 with parent or caregiver
Free (donations welcome) | A drop-in program
Registration not required
- Parents must wear masks at all times and maintain 6' distance whenever possible.
- Children 3 and up will be expected to wear masks at all times.
- Families must complete a health screening, temperature check, and waiver upon arrival.
- NBNC reserves the right to dismiss participants if guidelines are not followed.