"Countless Vermonters have discovered birds and butterflies, orchids and otters, relaxation and contemplation at this place by the river. And now, with a vision to connect even more of us to wildlife and wild places, North Branch Nature Center will move from greatness to virtuosity — not only here in Montpelier but far beyond as well.”
— Brian Pfeiffer, writer, naturalist, and educator
How You Can Help
On behalf of all of us at North Branch Nature Center, thank you for your support! You help us connect people to nature in enriching, inspiring ways. Here's how to contribute:
1. Become a Member or Renew your Membership! Your membership supports everything we do, from bird-banding, to natural history presentations, to trail maintenance. By becoming a member, you'll both support your local nature center and receive great member benefits including program discounts.
2. Make a Donation! With so many urgent needs in our community, nation, and world, some of our members and friends can’t make a gift at all right now. If you are in a position to make a gift, please help us chart a financially sustainable path through 2021. Use the form to the right or click here!
3. Contribute to the NBNC Capital Campaign. NBNC is growing by leaps and bounds, in part thanks to our $1.6 million Our Future in Nature capital campaign. We have already expanded our teaching and display spaces, and are now entering the final phase of farmhouse (office, library and kitchen) renovations. Click here to make a gift!
4. Gift Certificates. Give a friend or family member a birding outing, a BioU class, or any other NBNC program with a gift certificate.
5. Adopt an Owl! Support Community Science at NBNC with a fun and unique gift for friends and family. Our owl research program is an extraordinary opportunity to connect with charismatic wildlife while discovering new information about avian ecology. This research requires specialized equipment and intensive data analysis that would not be possible without your support. Adopt an Owl here.
6. Other Ways to Give. NBNC gratefully receives gifts of stock or property, planned gifts, and bequests. Click here for detailed information.
7. Buy Coffee. Buying bird-friendly coffee helps support NBNC and the migratory birds we all love and lets you save on shipping costs for great coffee. Learn more and download an order form here.
8. Volunteer. If you have time to give, please learn about volunteering at North Branch Nature Center! Contact us to learn more about volunteering at NBNC. (Note: Most volunteer options are currently paused due to COVID-19 concerns).
9. Wish List. North Branch Nature Center is always looking for household items, technology, equipment, and services. Visit our Wish List to see what we are looking for.
Thank you for your support!
Make a Donation
Connecting People to the Natural World