- This event has passed.
The Real Dirt on Truffles with Rowan Jacobsen – Naturalist Journeys Online Presentation Series
January 19, 2022 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
The Real Dirt on Truffles
Presented by Rowan Jacobsen
Part of the Naturalist Journeys 2021-22 Winter Presentation Series
January 19 | 6 – 7 PM | Free | Live via ZOOM
JOIN HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89045735802
Truffles are the world’s most mysterious and expensive food, but they are also an essential part of the forest ecosystem, linking trees and animals in a web of relationship that extends from the forest floor to the human communities around the world that depend on truffles for their livelihoods and celebrate them in their culinary traditions. Join award-winning writer Rowan Jacobsen on this deep dive into the world of truffles, from Italy and Istria to the wilds of the Northeast.
Vermont’s Rowan Jacobsen is the author of eight books on science, nature, and gastronomy. He writes often for Scientific American, Smithsonian, Eating Well, Outside, Yankee, and many other magazines. His newest book is TRUFFLE HOUND: On the Trail of the World’s Most Seductive Scent, with Dreamers, Schemers, and Some Extraordinary Dogs.
This program is made possible by our local sponsors:
Tech Tips for ZOOM Webinars
- A computer desktop with speakers or a laptop works best.
- You will need to install Zoom before the meeting begins.
- When you log into the meeting, you’ll be in a “waiting room” until the presentation begins.
- Once you’ve been admitted to the presentation, click the “Join Audio” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Please keep your microphones on mute and your video off.
- See Our Website for links to other upcoming webinars