- This event has passed.
Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup
April 1, 2021 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Thursdays, April 1 – June 17 | 9:30 – 11:30 am
For children ages 0-5 with parent or caregiver
A Free, drop-in program | Registration not required
Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup is a free, weekly activity for families to gather, learn, and play in nature. Guided by the idea that children need to spend ample time outdoors, we offer a community experience in the world of nature and will model ways the natural environment can be used as a tool for learning and play.
Engaging with nature’s seasonal offerings stimulates curiosity and a sense of wonder while fostering self-confidence and empathy for all living things. Join us for 2 hours of spontaneous play, exploration, discovery, song, nature inspired crafts, and oral storytelling.
- Play, dig, build and grow alongside your child
- Learn how to stay comfortable while getting messy in any weather
- Connect with other families with young children
This program is entirely outside, so be prepared with water, snacks, and clothing for staying warm and getting wet! Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup is made possible in part by donations.
- Parents must wear masks at all times and maintain 6′ distance whenever possible.
- Children 3 and up will be expected to wear masks at all times.
- Families must complete a health screening, temperature check, and waiver upon arrival.
- NBNC reserves the right to dismiss participants if guidelines are not followed.