- This event has passed.
New England’s Roadside Ecology with Tom Wessels – Naturalist Journeys Online Presentation Series
March 2 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
New England’s Roadside Ecology with Tom Wessels
Co-hosted with Bear Pond Books
Part of the Naturalist Journeys 2021-22 Winter Presentation Series
March 2 | 6 – 7 PM | Free | Live via ZOOM
JOIN HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89045735802
About the Book (from Workman Publishing):
New England’s Roadside Ecology guides you through 30 spectacular natural sites, all within an easy walk from the road. The sites include the forests, wetlands, alpines, dunes, and geologic ecosystems that make up New England.
Author Tom Wessels is the perfect guide. Each entry starts with the brief description of the hike’s level of difficulty—all are gentle to moderate and cover no more than two miles. Entries also include turn-by-turn directions and clear descriptions of the flora, fauna, and fungi you are likely to encounter along the way. New England’s Roadside Ecology is a must-have guide for outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, and tourists in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
About Tom Wessels: Tom is a terrestrial ecologist and professor emeritus at Antioch University New England where he founded the master’s degree program in Conservation Biology. With interests in forest, desert, arctic, and alpine ecosystems, plus geomorphology, evolutionary ecology, complex systems science, and the interface of landscape and culture, Tom considers himself a generalist. He has conducted workshops on ecology and sustainability throughout the country for over three decades.
This program is made possible by our local sponsors:
Tech Tips for ZOOM Webinars
- A computer desktop with speakers or a laptop works best.
- You will need to install Zoom before the meeting begins.
- When you log into the meeting, you’ll be in a “waiting room” until the presentation begins.
- Once you’ve been admitted to the presentation, click the “Join Audio” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Please keep your microphones on mute and your video off.
- See Our Website for links to other upcoming webinars