COVID-19 and NBNC
March 25 Update - NBNC Online!
We are pleased to announce NBNC Online, a hub for all of our online, COVID-adapted programming and resources. Here, find activities and videos for all ages, updated daily. All content we publish around the web, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, will live here in an easy-to-use layout, plus much more exclusive content.
To receive the password to access NBNC Online, we are asking members of our community to make a donation of any amount* to our NBNC Resiliency Fund, our urgent fund to keep NBNC operational and support our staff during these difficult times. Thank you on behalf of all of us at NBNC for your help as we work hard to care for our community, and the natural world, in unprecedented times.
*Money should never be a barrier to your connection with nature. If you are unable to contribute at this time, simply email us at [email protected]anchnaturecenter.org and you will automatically receive a password.
- NBNC programs have been postponed. This includes: Forest Preschool, Robin’s Nest Playgroup, ECO, Explorers, Trekkers, and all in-person lectures and fundraisers.
- We are working to move some programs online — including the content of our upcoming Amphibian Monitoring Volunteer Training (March 18). Stay tuned for additional online offerings to come.
- Our buildings are closed to the public and all facilities rentals are suspended.
- NBNC staff will be working almost entirely from our homes and/or outdoors. We will be conducting business online and by phone and mail. Please reach out with questions and concerns.
- The good news — and wow, do we all need a little good news right now: Our preserve and trails are open! We know how vitally important access to nature is for each of us in this stressful time. Please stay home if you are sick, and please (as always) keep your dogs on leashes.
Resources and Online Programming
Though our doors our closed, we will be doing our best to provide teachers, families, and community members with resources to continue engaging in our natural world virtually. This may take the form of webinars, videos, partner resources, and a host of other virtual opportunities. In the coming weeks and months, please check back regularly for new offerings and updates around existing programming.