COVID-19 Policies and Expectations (Updated June 14 2021)
COVID-19 Safety at North Branch Nature Center
Our COVID-19 protocols adhere to the most up-to-date guidance from the State of Vermont. Our protocols are subject to change as Vermont Department of Health and Vermont Agency of Education guidelines evolve. For more information, please see the linked resources upon which we base our protocols. As of August 16 2021, the protocols include:
- Masks are required indoors for all staff, visitors, and participants.
- Masks are optional outdoors.
- For Youth Programs: Masks are required for all staff and participants outdoors whenever social distancing cannot be maintained.
- For Youth Programs: If a program must come inside due to hazardous weather, and that period overlaps with lunch or snack time, masks may be removed for eating or drinking, provided that students are at least 3 feet apart.
Our protocols are subject to change as Vermont Department of Health and Vermont Agency of Education guidelines evolve. For more information, please see the resource upon which we base our protocols:
- VT DOH & AOE - COVID-19 Prevention Strategies for K-12 Schools Fall 2021
- VT DOH & VT AOE - PreK-12 guidance
- VT DOH & VT AOE - Health Guidance for Childcare & Out-of-School-Time Care
All NBNC staff are required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine. Program participants on our Adventures Afar trips are required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine. NBNC will not solicit the vaccine status of participants in any of our other program areas.
Healthy Learning During COVID-19
At NBNC we believe that being outdoors in nature provides significant social, emotional, physical, and intellectual benefits for our children. Our educational programming practices a nature-based approach to learning that builds health, happiness, and resilience. During this pandemic, we provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can engage with their peers and the natural world. For more about our philosophy around nature-based teaching and learning during COVID times, please see our position statements: