COVID-19 Policies and Expectations (Updated June 14 2021)
COVID-19 Safety at North Branch Nature Center
Our COVID-19 protocols adhere to the most up-to-date guidance from the State of Vermont. Our protocols are subject to change as Vermont Department of Health and Vermont Agency of Education guidelines evolve. For more information, please see the linked resources upon which we base our protocols. As of June 14 2021, the protocols include:
- Masks and distancing not required outside. Masks strongly recommended for unvaccinated visitors indoors.
- Bathrooms and common indoor spaces are sanitized before the start of each program and at the end of each program.
COVID-19 Safety and Youth Programs
In addition to the above guidance, we are adhering to additional state guidance for our youth programs. This currently includes:
- Youth program participants must wear a mask at all times indoors when not able to maintain 3' distancing.
- If a program must come inside due to hazardous weather, and that period overlaps with lunch or snack time, masks may be removed for eating or drinking, provided that students are at least 3 feet apart.
- Masks that are wet, frozen or unable to stay on a child’s face will be changed out for a new, clean mask.
Our protocols are subject to change as Vermont Department of Health and Vermont Agency of Education guidelines evolve. For more information, please see the resource upon which we base our protocols:
- VT DOH & VT AOE - PreK-12 guidance
- VT DOH & VT AOE - Health Guidance for Childcare & Out-of-School-Time Care
Healthy Learning During COVID-19
At NBNC we believe that being outdoors in nature provides significant social, emotional, physical, and intellectual benefits for our children. Our educational programming practices a nature-based approach to learning that builds health, happiness, and resilience. During this pandemic, we provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can engage with their peers and the natural world. For more about our philosophy around nature-based teaching and learning during COVID times, please see our position statements: