“Who is to make sure that our children’s sense of wonder grows indestructible with the years? We are. You and I. Because we believe that the North Branch Nature Center can play a vital part in our children’s lives and, if we are wise, in our own lives as well.”
—Katherine Paterson, award-winning author
Help Complete the Capital Campaign
by Chip Darmstadt, Executive Director
After completing the first two phases of the Capital Campaign in 2017 (in which we built the addition, renovated the barn, and installed the solar array) we took a breather from the campaign in order to focus on growing our programs and organizational capacity. In December, 2020, we completed weatherization and other improvements to the farmhouse in order to help NBNC reach our Net-Zero goal.
Here is what’s left to accomplish. We urgently need to:
1. Renovate the kitchen to serve our expanded programming.
• Modernize the 1960s-era kitchen to serve program needs and catering for our growing number of special events.
2. Create a library/conference room.
• Remodel to create additional meeting space.
• Construct built-in shelving to house our natural history lending library.
3. Make improvements to offices.
• Upgrade flooring, lighting, etc.
5. Make fun, educational outdoor improvements, including:
• A new outdoor classroom.
• Trail hub and informational kiosks.
• Wayfaring signage and accessibility improvements.
The end is in sight! We have raised 94% of our $1.6 million goal, leaving $97,000 still to raise.
Perhaps you donated to the campaign a few years ago, or maybe you never had the chance – either way, please join us now to finish the good work we started.
I hope you will make a “stretch” gift today in order to help us complete the fundraising portion of the campaign. Thank you!
For 24 years North Branch Nature Center has been connecting people of all ages with the natural world, here on our 28-acre preserve, in partnership with area public schools, and by leading programs around Vermont and beyond. Learn more about our staff and programs.