- This event has passed.
Wild Apples: making the most of the feral apple harvest with Matt Kaminsky – Naturalist Journeys Online Presentation Series
November 18, 2020 @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
In this presentation we will discuss the history and resource of wild apple trees and the many forms in which Malus manifests. This presentation provides a background in what exactly makes an apple “wild,” and touches on techniques for how to identify, effectively harvest, assess and grade, steward, and propagate the bountiful gift of wild apples in our landscape.
About the Presenter
Matt Kaminsky is a farmer/orchardist, climbing arborist, writer, and cidermaker from Hadley, MA. He specializes in wild apples, old orchard restoration, and orchard-based silvopasture. He is commonly known by the moniker Gnarly Pippins, which is also the name of his website and social media presence. He is the author of The Wild Apple Forager’s Guide.
Tech Tips for ZOOM Webinars
- A computer desktop with speakers or laptop works best.
- You will need to install Zoom before the meeting begins.
- When you log into the meeting, you’ll be in a “waiting room” until the presentation begins.
- Once you’ve been admitted to the presentation, click the “Join Audio” button in the bottom left corner of the meeting screen.
- Please keep your microphones on mute and your video off.
- See Our Website for links to other upcoming webinars
This program is made possible by our local sponsors: