- This event has passed.
Turning Stones: Exploring Aquatic Invertebrates with Declan McCabe – Naturalist Journeys Online Presentation Series
October 21, 2020 @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Turning Stones: Exploring Aquatic Invertebrates
Presented by Declan McCabe
October 21st | 7 – 8 PM (Eastern)
Free | Live via ZOOM:
We’ll explore the ecology and basic identification of freshwater macroinvertebrates and where to see them. The talk will cover inexpensive and home-made sampling gear, and the major groups of macroinvertebrates commonly found in Vermont’s streams, ponds, and Lake Champlain. Sampling techniques for biomonitoring and/or teaching will be covered. The talk will include information of value for parents, teachers, fly anglers, and nature study fans. This talk is sponsored in part by Vermont EPSCoR.
About the Presenter
Declan McCabe is a professor of biology at Saint Michael’s College where he teaches courses in ecology, evolution, and writing in the biological sciences. A freshwater ecologist by training, Declan studies and uses the broad lessons of natural history in his teaching, research, and writing. Declan’s forthcoming book, “Turning Stones: Exploring Life in Freshwater” will be soon available from McDonald and Woodward Publishers.
Tech Tips for ZOOM Webinars
- A computer desktop with speakers or laptop works best.
- You will need to install Zoom before the meeting begins.
- When you log into the meeting, you’ll be in a “waiting room” until the presentation begins.
- Once you’ve been admitted to the presentation, click the “Join Audio” button in the bottom left corner of the meeting screen.
- Please keep your microphones on mute and your video off.
- See Our Website for links to other upcoming webinars
This program is made possible by our local sponsors: