Northeast Kingdom Nature Retreat (For Youth and Teens)
September 13 @ 5:00 PM - September 15 @ 5:00 PM$175
Journey with youth and teen naturalists and NBNC’s expert teacher / naturalists to the wildest corner of Vermont for a weekend-long nature retreat full of rare birds, bog plants, dragonflies, brook trout, and whatever else Mother Nature has in store for us.
- Search for elusive spruce grouse and gray jays in boreal forests.
- Try your luck at flyfishing on the Nulhegan River.
- Forage for wild edible plants and cook a meal over an open fire.
- Investigate the nocturnal north woods for owls and flying squirrels.
- Wake up to migratory songbirds resting and foraging just outside the cabin windows.
We will be based out of the VT River Conservancy’s new cabin situated in the heart of the Nulhegan Basin. We’ll explore hotspots around the Northeast Kingdom on Saturday and Sunday morning, returning to NBNC mid-afternoon on Sunday. Led by NBNC AmeriCorps Teacher/Naturalists.
Cost: $175 Includes: Transportation, lodging, food, expert teacher/naturalist leaders. Scholarships may be available: Please inquire by emailing [email protected]
Minimum age: 10
Group Size: 8-10 participants max.
(Registration opens June 13)