- This event has passed.
What’s in a Name? – Learning to see and identify bird subspecies (online presentation)
March 3 @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
What’s in a Name? – Learning to see and identify bird subspecies
March 3rd | 7 – 8 PM (Eastern)
Free | Live via ZOOM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81759674892
We can all identify a cardinal – but can you tell the difference between an Arizonan Northern Cardinal and the one at your feeder? Learn what subspecies are common in Vermont, how to identify them, and how it can be rewarding to see and hear backyard (and back of the mountain) birds with a closer lens.
Richard Littauer is a reformed tech nerd, based either in Montpelier or in his Honda Element. An incurable “lister,” he enjoys chasing rare birds around Washington county and abroad, preferably afoot. He tutors Latin at Pacem School, serves on the board at North Branch Nature Center, runs a website dedicated to birding in Vermont, and works on open source coding during his non-spare time.
Tech Tips for ZOOM Webinars
- A computer desktop with speakers or laptop works best.
- You will need to install Zoom before the meeting begins.
- When you log into the meeting, you’ll be in a “waiting room” until the presentation begins.
- Once you’ve been admitted to the presentation, click “Join Audio” in the bottom left corner of the meeting screen.
- Please keep your microphones on mute and your video off.
- See Our Website for links to other upcoming webinars