Whether a pre-teen, teen, or adult... whether a first time birder or an experienced veteran... we would love for you to join the NBNC Youth Birding Program as a member. Youth Member benefits include:
- Selected free and discounted trips.
- Club-member card and checklist.
- Receive Feather Questers newsletter.
- Selected awards for numbers of species seen with the club (100, 200, etc.)
- Supporting a worthy organization, and local bird conservation projects.
Youth membership rates are just $5 per year! You may join as a supporting adult member for just $10 per year. There are three easy ways you can join:
- By (e)mail - You may download a registration form to either print and mail back (713 Elm Street, Montpelier, VT 05602) or you may email the completed form.
- By Phone - Just call us at 802-229-6206 and we can get you registered and chat about birds.
- In Person - Stop into the Center any time we're open, take a look at the critter room, browse our birding library and register in person.
Make an Online Donation
and learn more ways you can support NBNC
All programs are free to members unless otherwise noted, but please register at least one week in advance. You can RSVP by emailing Larry or Chip or by calling 802-229-6206.
Bird Banding Demonstration
Sunday, September 23, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Fee: Donations welcome
This summer, NBNC began banding birds to help learn more about their abundance and distribution. Visit the banding station as we catch, band, record data on, and release both resident and migrant birds. Drop by anytime!
Dead Creek Wildlife Day
Saturday, October 6, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please join our friends from Otter Creek Audubon Society for a celebratory day including bird banding, nature walks, animal demonstrations and more. We will also observe the Snow Goose Spectacle, with geese gathering by the thousands!
Saw-whet Owl Banding at Snake Mtn.
Saturday, October 6, dusk - late
For years, Rodney Olsen has been banding the soda-can sized Northern Saw-whet Owls at Snake Mountain in Addison as part of a long-term study. We invite you to join this opportunity to view these common yet seldom-seen birds. Carpooling details available upon registration.
Berlin Pond Waterfowl Walk
Sunday, November 4, 7:30-10 a.m.
Fee: $5 members, $15 nonmembers, free for kids
Fall migration isn’t over yet! We’ll look for lingering loons, waterfowl and more on Berlin Pond. We may find American Coot, scoters or some other surprise at this birding hotspot.